Tour Code: RPE
Experience the essence of China on one of our best-selling tours. Climb the Great Wall, stand face-to-face with Terracotta Warriors and watch acrobats fly in bustling Shanghai. This ten-day tour showcases three diverse yet defining cities and is packed with the very best of China's cultural and natural highlights.
Day 1 | USA 每 Beijing, China
We embark on our China Experience tour as we board our international flight bound for Beijing China.
Day 2 | Arrive in Beijing
Arrive in China's capital and meet our guide in the arrivals hall. Transfer to hotel and checked in to our room on the executive floor. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 3 | Beijing (AB ,L ,DP )
With a rich history spanning more than 3000 years, Beijing boasts a wealth of cultural and historic highlights. We begin our city tour at the Forbidden City, so-called because it was off-limits to the public for over 500 years. Admire royal artifacts in the Palace Museum and cross the street to the famous Tiananmen Square, or ※Gate of Heavenly Peace.§ Continue to the exquisite Summer Palace and enjoy the tranquil landscapes of elaborate bridges and pagodas surrounding Kunming Lake. Our tour ends with photo-ops at the 2008 Olympic Sites 每 the Bird's Nest (National Stadium) and the Water Cube (National Aquatics Center). This evening enjoy an extraordinary dinner featuring the famous local delicacy 每 Peking Duck.
Day 4 | Beijing (AB ,L ,DH )
This morning we venture to the Great Wall, one of the most spectacular man-made structures on Earth. Constructed as a defense system against invading nomadic tribes it spans more than 5500 miles over China's northern borders. Walk along its ancient steps and admire the panoramic views of serene mountains and valleys, then head to the Sacred Way. Follow this path, lined with intricately carved marble statues, to the imperial tombs of 13 Ming emperors.
Day 5 | Beijing 每 Xian (AB ,L ,DH )
Before flying to Xian we visit the Temple of Heaven, an enormous complex built in 1420 where emperors performed religious ceremonies. Covering an area of more than 675 acres, this iconic building is surrounded by two nearly identical ceremonial buildings. Previously known as the Temple of Heaven and Earth, the park is rounded (symbolizing Heaven) in the south and square (symbolizing Earth) in the north. Later in the day we fly to the historic city of Xian.
Day 6 | Xian (AB ,L ,DS )
Regarded as one of the four ancient capitals of the world, Xian is home to spectacular Terracotta Warriors and Horses. Considered one of the greatest archaeological discoveries of the 20th century, more than 7000 life-size soldiers stand in rank guarding the tomb of Emperor Qin Shih Huang. Admire the unique poses and facial expressions of the soldiers as we walk through the pits, then head to lunch at local restaurant. After lunch we continue our tour and visit the Ming Dynasty City Wall and the Big Wild Goose Pagoda. At the end of the day we return to the city for the Palace Banquet dinner followed by an exciting Tang Dynasty Show.
Day 7 | Xian 每 Shanghai (AB ,DS )
After breakfast we board a short flight to Shanghai, a dynamic metropolis situated on an estuary of the Yangtze River. Once known as the ※Pearl of the Orient,§ this ever-changing city is home to European-style neighborhoods and futuristic skylines. Today we embark on a tour beginning with the renowned 16th-century Yu Garden, a once private 5-acre classical Chinese garden. In the evening we enjoy dinner followed by a dynamic Chinese Acrobatics Show.
Day 8 | Shanghai (AB ,L ,DP )
Drive through one of Shanghai's most famous streets and a shopper's paradise, Nanjing Road. Arrive at the Bund and stroll along the waterfront boulevard, we are amazed by the dazzling cityscapes of Shanghai's skyline. Continue to visit the Shanghai Museum, the world's finest showcase of ancient Chinese art and antiquities. Admire some of the 120,000 pieces of ancient Chinese bronze works, jades and paintings then spend the rest of the afternoon free to explore Shanghai. This evening enjoy a Farewell Dinner Party.
Day 9 | Shanghai (AB )
Enjoy the full day free at leisure or join the half day Jewish Heritage Tour with no additional cost. Meet at hotel to visit Huoshan Park to see monument for Jewish Refugees, Ohel Moshe Synagogue and the Old Jewish Shanghai- where immigrants lived and their shops catered to the Jewish community.
Day 10 | Shanghai 每 USA (AB )
All too soon our China journey has come to an end. Transfer to the airport for a flight back to US. You also have an option to extend your trip with a 2-night extension to Hong Kong.
- AB = American Breakfast
- B = Breakfast
- L = Lunch
- LH = Lunch at Hotel
- D = Dinner
- DH = Dinner at Hotel
- DP = Special Dinner Party
- DS = Dinner and Show
Beijing: Grand Hyatt
Address:1 East Chang An Avenue, Beijing, 100738
Tel:(86) 10 8518 1234
Address:66 Ci En Road, Qu Jiang New District Xian, Shaanxi 710061 China
Tel:(86)(29) 6568 6568
Shanghai: Hyatt On The Bund
Address:199 Huang Pu Road, Shanghai, 200080
Tel:(86) 21 6393 1234
Date and Pricing
- Advertised int'l airfares include fuel surcharge of $ 363.00 and taxes/fees of $120.00
- Early booking discount of $ 200.00 will be shown during booking
Notes about tour prices:
- Advertised land portion prices are based on per person and twin-sharing accommodation basis.
- Advertised total package prices include land tour as per itinerary (with applicable China domestic airfares), and roundtrip international airfare from LAX or SFO based on the services of Air China (CA) including fuel surcharge and applicable taxes/fees. Roundtrip international airfares from JFK Airport in New York will incur an additional charge of $100. Air travel on different international carrier is at a different price.
- For child rate please see ※CHARGE FOR CHILDREN§ in ※Terms & Conditions§.
- CA international flight upgrades to business class are subject to availability and surcharge: LAX/SFO 每 $3,000, NYC 每 $3,6000
- Special preferred USA add-on fares from other airports are available with purchase of international air. Flight upgrades are available at best market rates, subject to additional fees and availability.
- Preferred rate is only valid if booked in conjunction with RPH tour, outside of 60 days prior to departure and has limited availability. Rates are based on Air China and are guaranteed once full payment is received
- Above prices include all government imposed taxes and fees, including the September 11th security fee. Additional baggage charges may apply.
For more INFORMATION, please contact us:
Toll Free: 1-800-865-6221